Friday, May 15, 2009

Please support my Rock & Run campaign

 

rr_2009Email_stationary_header

Dear Friends and Family,
This June I will be participating in Rock & Run on the River, a 5K run/walk to benefit the Cancer Survivorship Initiative at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

I hope you'll consider making a donation to my Rock & Run campaign. This cause is near to my heart because I lost my grandfather, Herbert Blanchfield, to cancer. A World War II pilot and owner of a textile mill, my grandfather was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2000 and died a few short months later. For those of you that don't know, mesothelioma is a particularly nasty form of cancer usually caused by asbestos exposure. I am grateful for the care my grandfather received at Sloan-Kettering, and though it wasn't able to save him, I am running this race in his honor so that others may go on to live a full life after overcoming cancer.

Today, more than 12 million people are living beyond cancer -- far more than ever before. This growing population of survivors faces a host of difficult challenges as a result of their illness and treatment.

The Cancer Survivorship Initiative addresses these challenges. This precedent-setting program provides comprehensive post-treatment services, support, medical care, and counseling to help survivors lead full, active lives.

I promise to give my all to support this important cause. I hope you can help by making a gift that will bring me one step closer to my fundraising goal.

Please take a moment to visit my Rock & Run Web page, where you can make a fully tax-deductible online donation. Thank you so much!

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR/rockandrun/RockandRun?px=1282281&pg=personal&fr_id=1090&et=Cwacht9LwcGRRR5WOAkYkA..&s_tafId=3550

Click here to view the team page for The Huxtables
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR/rockandrun/RockandRun?team_id=6120&pg=team&fr_id=1090&et=uPZpUN93VIXxhrUY40aROA..&s_tafId=3550

This email was sent to: theodora.blanchfield@gmail.com.
If you received this message in error, please accept our apologies and Contact Us so we may correct our records. Click here to change your email preferences. For more information on Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center,click here.

0 comments :